Saturday, November 6, 2010

Getting "Hooked"

I made a trip to Annapolis on Oct 20th for the last demo day of the season.  Chesapeake Light Craft has a showroom, shop and classroom in Annapolis, MD.  This was the last demo day of the season AND they had their once a year sale of kits and building and finishing supplies.


 I spent the morning looking at boats, talking to employees, and watching a class in session.  The "hook" was almost set!  I then spent the mid-day touring the Naval Academy.   A Great tour of a beautiful and historic campus.  At 5pm I met Joey Schott of CLC(Chesapeake Light Craft) at Pier 7 for the demo.  After the demo the hook was set and they were reeling me in!  The demo was very worthwhile.  I thought I wanted one boat(mill creek 13) prior to the demo.  After the demo I decided on the Wood Duck 12 Hybrid.  Paddles great and looks great!!

No comments:

Post a Comment